Thursday, December 24, 2020

Very Sus Celestial Andalusia: Part 04: 1474-1483: New Very Sus Great Power

Becoming Morocco moved my capital from my 40dev Tafilat gold mine to useless 11dev Marrakech, and Tafilat suddenly had 50% autonomy, costing me tons of gold income, so annoying.

I had a choice of Iqta or this weird Plutocratic Monarchy, and even though I think Iqta is a stronger choice (5% coring cost reduction button vs 1 merchant), I took Plutocracy, as I almost never have a chance to take this idea group.

This got Merchant influence to 100%, threatening Plutocratic Coup. It's been really long time since I last saw estate disasters. I've been giving out privileges like candy, and I had Priests at 4, Nobles at 8, Merchants at 6, and even Dhimmi at 2. I think I went too far with it.

Aragon and Castile finally started fighting, but I wasn't in position to exploit that. Contrary to my expectations, Castile got wrecked so hard it fell off the list of Great Powers. I think it might have something to do with their whole army taking holidays on Gran Canaria.

Instead, I was getting closer to China, through my West African permaclaims. That clay somehow got me onto the Great Powers list. It's stupidly easy, as 1.30 patch massively reduced attrition, they're still 2 institutions and multiple techs behind, and I somehow rolled 4 siege general - and got my first artillery.

I could hire mercs and fight Iberians for Andalusia, but my fleet is still pitiful, and Portugal is not interested in fighting Aragon. Maybe if Castile loses second time it will be good time, I could try to fight them? I'd probably be better off grabbing some Tunis coastline to get those sailors first.

Colonization is going super slow, and my one colony is just getting bad events (they got far worse in 1.30). I still hope to get to Cape by 1500, and maybe fight Ming for mandate by 1550?

I think my idea build will be Exploration, Administrative, Plutocratic, Expansion, and then maybe some combination of Quantity, Diplomatic, and Religious?


Morocco as Great Power definitely looks Sus

No comments:

Post a Comment