Monday, October 11, 2021

With Fire and Sword: Part 04: 1491-1498: First War With Muscovy

I cleaned up the last remaining Balkan minors Bosnia and Ragusa. Not sure why Ragusa didn't have Ottoman guarantee.

Well, there were still a few great powers surrounding me, and I needed to deliver some ass whooping. Starting with Muscovy and their ally Ryazan.

War against Muscovy was fairly uneventful siege race. They managed to sack Warsaw, and Lithuanian troops "liberating" it sacked it some more. Oh well, it's not just peasants whose life is hard.

This time I wanted some serious land grabs, and a lot of HRE minors were a bit offended, but I have decent number of diplomats who can talk them out of doing something stupid. All this land grabbing didn't break Muscovy, but they'll never form Russia now, and they'd have 5 fewer forts for the next war.

Bohemia spawned Hussite center of reformation, which is a minor annoyance, but I'll let them keep it.

As for my other potential rivals, Sweden is asking around who would support their independence, so that could break Denmark. I'm really not seeing any chances of getting HRE emperorship, other than by force vassalizing some electors. I might try to destroy the HRE instead. The Ottomans would need to be a fairly boring war.

These are fairly decent borders. They're just terrible from trade point of view, but I don't think Poland can have good trade.

Because EU4 rival system is really stupid, Mamluks rivalled me instead of allying me against the Ottomans.

No comments:

Post a Comment