Sunday, December 22, 2019

Best Korea: Part 08: 1503-1513: Fall of Kyoto

Ming Crisis disaster triggered, bringing them down to 7 mandate, and spawning rebels everywhere.

Confucian is the worst religion

I had so many rebels it felt like a crisis too. That's a combination of a few issues.

First, Confucianism is just poop tier religion with permanent 0 harmony, permanent −3 tolerance of true faith, and permanent 0 legitimacy no matter what. If you harmonize other religions, you'll have 0 harmony. If you convert, you'll have zero harmony. Buddhist got karma rebalance, so it's by far the worst religion in the game. Unless you don't expand at all, then it's OK I guess.

Once you harmonize every religion, and that takes 10 times 33 years, and you let your country recover a bit, it actually becomes good. But that's 1775 and at this point the campaign is over.

OK, you can probably skip Zoroastrians and Jews, maybe save a few harmonization years due to events, and finish 1700.

Normally if you have unrest issues, you could take religious or humanist.

Unfortunately neither works. Religious gives you huge bonuses to conversions, something you're penalized for doing. Humanist gives you bonuses to tolerance of wrong faiths, but they don't apply to harmonized faiths. Your tolerance of own faith will often be worse than your tolerance of other faiths due to permanent 0 harmony.

Second, if I'm Asian I get bad religion and bad culture in trade company regions, even though I can't make them trade companies. This is really annoying.

You can't even culture convert them with mana - as Confucian you pretty much can't convert anyone due to no missionary strength bonuses, you can't convert at all if you harmonized them, and harmonized religions still don't count as yours for culture conversion, so it's hard blocked.

And third and fourth, I got cruel trait and many events that piss off my estates because why not, let's pile it up.

Still, rebels in EU4 are just mostly harmless annoyance. They force me to keep army upkeep at high during peace time, and make me lose manpower and money reserves, but I'm not terribly hurting for either.

Third War with Japan

One of Ashikaga's OPM daimyos turned into another daimyo tag, without a truce with me. That's really convenient, as Ashikaga's and Ming's truces were really close to each other, so by saving just a few years I can 100% them both much more comfortably.

The war was very easy, I took Kyoto for myself, and a few other provinces for my vassal daimyo. It turns out this breaks their relationship, so now they're allies/tributaries of Ashikaga, but as independent countries. If I knew that maybe I'd have done it sooner. Oh well, it's still two wars to take over the rest of Japan.

Ming Crisis

Ming is covered by rebels and with nearly no mandate. It had to appoint autonomous governors of Yue and Wu in the South, and lose of direct control over Canton costs them another -0.05 mandate a month, on top of penalty for Beijing.

Yue and Wu are technically their vassal, but since they're both completely disloyal I wouldn't worry too much about them.

I could just watch them burn, or I could speed up the process a little.


Mingslosion has begun. Technically it's their land, just as marches.
In practice Ming doesn't have much time left.



No comments:

Post a Comment