Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Montferrat: Part 19: 1671-1680: End of the HRE

The colonial conquests continued. Surprisingly some HRE minors decided to coalition against me again, but it was not even a nuisance, so I didn't bother guaranteeing/unguaranteeing them.

I was getting fed up with the 4D chess I needed to get all the relevant HRE provinces, so I did the chain calculations once, and declared war that would drag all 7 electors in. It was only a 12-long chain of cobeligerencies, and far too much time spent drawing diagrams on paper. Maybe I should write a war optimizer script, can't tell for sure if this is even the optimal one.

There was just this tiny problem of actually winning the war with basically the entire HRE. It was super tempting to do some force conversions, or get some land in this war, but really I needed to do the responsible thing and peace out all those damn irrelevant countries.

At least I white peaced the ones that would do it. AI is incapable of fucking off when it should, so I ended up 100%ing and force converting a lot of minors. The HRE finally got dissolved in 1680, without HRE armies even really getting defeated. They just went on an adventure sieging my French and Spanish provinces while I occupied 7 electoral capitals.

That meant 7 provinces needed to restore the Roman Empire.

The war to abolish the HRE involved nearly the whole HRE, so I think that was fair.

The usual strategy (ally 4-5 electors, fight emperor and their 2-3 elector allies) is drastically easier.

I don't even have that much AE here, only about half of HRE, exiled Castile (now Peru), and some Indonesian minors want to coalition me. I control 49% of world's development, and I just eliminated the biggest remaining challenge, so I don't see coalitions able to do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment