Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Montferrat: Part 17: 1643-1661: Roman Rome

So I decided I'm going to change decision to reform Rome to allow subjects to own designated provinces, it's really stupid otherwise. Not even sure it will matter, it's just Wien which I might wait far too long for.

Anyway, Austria war was very easy. The whole HRE wanted to coalition me, but after I guaranteed-unguaranteed the few big countries there for free truces, the rest were too afraid. It's not even that much AE, it's the -100 hegemon opinion penalty, and no longer having +25 from estate privileges (as it costs too much absolutism) that even made it a possibility - otherwise it would be pretty easy to avoid any AE issues.

I didn't even have that much AE elsewhere, as my expansion in India was mostly core returns. I still wanted to clean up Persia, now it's much easier with Holy War CB. And after 2000 years of Roman-Persian wars, we finally won! I did some side wars in Africa as well.

It was time to end this, so after some I attacked Aragon and Pope to finally take over Rome. That hilariously gives -10 yearly papal influence, which is supposed to remove it completely, but I have +11.75 base, thanks to monuments etc. I don't think it was even possible to get that pre-monuments, at least not without custom ideas. And that's more than I had before, as -200 opinion with Papal States gives -100% yearly papal influence. But fear not - I still had all the bonuses all the time, as I get so much by event every time I convert any province, and I'm doing this non stop.

One weird thing happened, I took Savoy's HRE province in the war, and got request to return it from Brandenburg, even while I was at war. So this extremely long standing mechanic (or exploit if you prefer), that you could completely avoid "unlawful HRE territory" penalty if you stayed in another war while coring it, finally got fixed?

I'm overflowing with paper mana and governing capacity, so I went on a global conquering spree. I took French Australia, most of West Africa, good chunk of India, and whole British Isles.

I maxed out my economic hegemon bonus, got to monthly income of 2650 and very rapidly increasing, and between myself and my subjects, I own 42% of the world, which I guess is nice twenty years before Imperialism CB and without a single coalition war. I don't even know what to do with all the money - all the monuments and manufactories are built or finishing (got new ones in Rome and Zimbabwe), my 500k strong army only costs 200 a month, maxed out advisors just 30 thanks to how high advisor discounts from monuments stack, I've been spamming trade company investments, but even that is half done by now.

I guess maybe I should try to restore Rome, instead of doing all that Indian stuff.


I think these were more or less ancient Roman borders

No comments:

Post a Comment