Friday, December 2, 2022

Papal States: Part 10: 1533-1545: Fall of the Ottomans

French-led coalition dissolved on save reload, as they often do, so that problem went away.

Now that I established Kingdom of God, my main goal was increasing my income as much as possible. I got to 265, that's still quite far from economic hegemon and tier 3 monument spam, for now I have all monuments at level 1 and I'm very carefully prioritizing which can get level 2 upgrade first.

But there was also a side goal of liberating the whole Holy Lands. For that I got Qara Qoyunlu as my vassal, as they had crazy number of cores all over. To free a vassal slot I got rid of heretic Switzerland.

The big war was with the Mamluks. They rebuilt their fleet which was now stronger than mine, but no worries, I called Spain and Commonwealth into the fight. And they both sent fleets into the war - which both just stood there, one tile away from big battle, while Mamluks managed to sink my flagship. AI allies are as useless as ever, no matter how much Paradox games get patched.

I keep losing Papal elections, Pope from Burgundy excommunicated France, and my ally Spain attacked France, dragging me into this. That's some complicated Papal intrigue. I put serious effort into this war, hoping to get Savoy for the trouble, but I got absolutely nothing. At least France is now a bit weaker.

During that time Commonwealth called me into their war as well. AI really needs to tone this down, they won't get any use whatsoever from someone already fighting a war. Commonwealth is growing really monstrous, fortunately I don't have any reason to confront them.

The number of HRE heretics increased tno 28, and I finally got Deus Vult, so I celebrated it with a small heresy cleansing, but I only got 4 of them, and the new ones will keep coming.

While I was doing some minor border cleanup I removed what was left of the Ottomans, with barely any resistance. Catholicism managed to spread to Iraq, and I want to spread it to Egypt and Persia next. Eventually China of course, but one step at a time.



Commonwealth is really racing me, one of best AI performances I've seen


This is about the expected amount of heresy in Europe, but decent spread outside Europe. No Counter-Reformation yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment