Monday, December 12, 2022

Papal States: Part 14: 1585-1597: Missionaries for Indonesia

In the followup of Heretic League War, there were 26 Protestant, 8 Reformed, 3 Anglican, 1 Coptic, and 0 Orthodox or Hussite heretics, for a total of 38. Most of them in the HRE. I could do another round of heresy purging, but all the European adventures just keep distracting me from the goal of spreading word of Jesus to China. I hope the emperor will do at least some of the converting now, since he now has "politely ask to convert or else" button at his disposal.

In addition to Europe, I was also taking a lot of detours in East Africa, but at least that was on the right path. There's a huge network of overlapping alliance between Sunnis from Kilwa all the way to Indonesia, and breaking it on one end weakens it on the other. At least the Sunnis from West Africa aren't involved. I might do some West African detours later, but it's very low priority.

I started some minor Indonesian expansion by asking various local countries if they'd like to join my glorious empire, and I got a lot of positive feedback on that. I got into a few small local fights, for now it's mostly diplomacy.

Right now I think my China plan is to conquer Indonesia and go North. I don't think I can realistically take India anytime soon.

Burgundy decided to form Netherlands, and that meant leaving the HRE, but also ceding all French provinces to France. This is honestly a fairly dumb decision, and it's very rare to see this actually happen, as Burgundy rarely survives that long. This really screwed Burgundy and brought France back into ranks of Great Powers.

Portugal's CN Caraibas got independent with British help.



A lot of Great Powers are interested in Spice Islands.
I settled 4, conquered 4, and diplovassalized 14 provinces.


There's little hope in plan to reach China by land anytime soon


No comments:

Post a Comment