Thursday, July 25, 2024

Socotra: Part 03: 1466-1482: Richest Country in the World

I really wanted to conquer Kilwa, so I cleaned up East Africa of all their allies. I was so focused on that task that I didn't even notice I got 9 Sunni countries over coalition limit, including Kilwa and the Mamluks.

I also had massive paper mana deficit, as there's so much land to core, only -5% coring cost discount from Iqta government, and I need one more tech level, plus two ideas to get more coring cost discount. Coring cost stacking is a great thing to pick in your custom ideas, but I got nothing except for some administrative efficiency very late.

Mamluks joined the coalition, so I had to trigger war with Kilwa and their ally Warsangali. I took just one small island of Zanzibar from Kilwa, and converted Warsangali to Ibadi, as I really needed to save some paper mana. Then the usual save game, load game, coalition dismantles.

I wanted to save mana and AE, while maybe farming some prestige, so I started some silly wars. I converted Najran to Ibadi, showed strength against Ethiopia, and farmed prestige against Geledi. I keep getting negative prestige events, and they nerfed prestige farming from OPM wars a good while back, so no idea when I'll be able to upgrade to a kingdom.

They also nerfed administrative ideas, and core creation cost is now 3rd not 2nd. That's not a huge deal, but it delays my wars quite a bit.

Well, I finally got my coring cost reduction, so it was time for the long delayed Kilwa war! I took the whole coastline including two gold mines. I still need to statify them, reduce autonomy and so on, but I'm already richer than Ming at 89 gold per month. Well Ming used to be richer, but they're having some trouble right now. Kilwa has 3 more gold mines that were hiding in terra incognita, and there's still two more in Ethiopia.

I also started diplovassalizing a bit in Indonesia. I'll get huge diplovassalization buffs later, but I can just barely squeeze a few small vassals already. It won't be much, but it's free real estate.

There's also something really wrong with advisor rerolling code. I rerolled about 100 times spending thousands of gold to get a missionary with no luck. There's only 7 types per category, so there's no way in hell this is just random. Eventually I got a level 3 one from random event, but he's wrong culture so I can't even promote him to level 5 to get more mana. Oh well.

The next thing I need to do is farm some prestige to upgrade to a kingdom. I'm really low on governing capacity.

A lot of beautiful purple. I need to get a bit more inland for 5 more gold mines, but after that I'll need to think about my mission tree. Becoming either Mamluks or Persia or Mughals are the most obvious routes, and I'm not really that close to any of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment