Saturday, November 14, 2020

Bohemian Empire: Part 15: 1616-1628: Hereditary Holy Roman Emperor

I had no idea what to pick for my 5th idea group. Eventually I decided that the build is: Diplomatic, Administrative, Influence, Trade, Expansion.

I started some colony in South America, but it will be completely insignificant this campaign.

I fought Tunis for Italian islands.

On death of my emperor I inherited my PU minors Brandenburg and Saxony. This is actually quite annoying, as that costs me my Electoral College votes, and now I need to make some alies, or demand a recount or something.

I started Court and Country in February 1623, pretty much by accident. I did the absolutely right thing and passed another HRE reform and declared war to get Sweden inside the Empire the same day.

This war was awkward as Britain joined on Swedish side, and sunk a third of my fleet as I was sailing from Mediterranean to Baltic. I tried building a small heavy fleet to secure the route, but Britain showed me that it's completely inadequate.

Somewhat surprisingly their side lost more ships than our side, but that really didn't matter, I couldn't blockade London, so I had to wait 5 years until full occupation of Sweden got me to 100% warscore.

After that I managed to make HRE hereditary. Just 7 years left to revoking the privilegia. 


Holy Roman Empire, not counting my other lands in Syria and Commonwealth, and without Danish non-HRE lands. It's huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment