Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Oda: Part 06: 1534-1551: New Empire of China

My tech was us 8/9/11 to Ming's 11/12/11. Especially the naval gap is awkward, as I need free seas to haul my armies around.

I went with really weird idea group setup, Expansion, Humanist, Plutocratic. Fun thing is that Confucian countries get basically a Holy War CB for finishing either Humanist or Religious. Confucian used to be awful, but I guess they wated to buff i up a bit.

Ming finally pressed the reform buton in 1538, and their disaster started to slowly tick up, but I had no patience for that. 21 mandate Ming already fighting some minor war against Oirats and Orochoni was good enough for me.

In the first war Ming was still very much able to defend itself, so I beat them up just a bit, took Beijing, Canton, and two other forts.

In 1544 Yue and Wu separated from Ming, and this time not even as marches like before, but already independent. Is this a new thing in this patch? Then Shen became independent, and it almost screw up my plans, as I lost any border with Ming inside China. I still had a small Ming border is Manchuria - Orochoni rebels almost seceded messing up the campaign, but Ming cleaned them up with its last surviving troops.

I had some truce with Ming so I used the time to clean up Malaya. Dai Viet dragged me into a war against Yue and Wu.

And finally truce timer expired and I was able to take the mandate and all provinces with monuments.

Now I'm the new China, and I haven't really checked what the patch did to China mechanics, so who knows what's going to happen.


End of the first Ming war. I took 2/3 Chinese capitals and gave them some time to fall apart. Ming was still quite strong and 100%ing them would have been a lot of effort.


Two big wars, one with Ming, and one with Yue/Wu Dai Viet dragged me into

China after Ming gave up the mandate. Now I just need to take over China, and also Ayutthaya for their gov cap monument.

No comments:

Post a Comment